cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

none of the requested files were backed up (2)

ihaddoudy
Level 2

Hello,

can any one explain me this error :

Info bphdb(pid=5652) Backup started           
5/10/2016 11:59:39 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=9056) from client tcimor-db1: ERR - command failed: none of the requested files were backed up (2)
5/10/2016 11:59:39 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=9056) from client tcimor-db1: ERR - bphdb exit status = 2: none of the requested files were backed up
5/10/2016 11:59:39 AM - Info bphdb(pid=5652) done. status: 2: none of the requested files were backed up  
5/10/2016 11:59:39 AM - end writing
none of the requested files were backed up(2)

i need solution for this

best regards

7 REPLIES 7

areznik
Level 5

I think this is a user initiated DB backup (because bphdb is involved). With these kinds of backups there is no Paths configured in the policy, they are supplied by client when it starts the job. If the client supplies files that dont exist or cannot be read due to access issues (or some other reason) you will get an error like this. 

FYI - I'm guessing about most of this because you didnt give any details about what kind of backup this is or your environment. 

ihaddoudy
Level 2

I will backup some databases in SQL Server 2014, this server is in vlan database, and the master server is in other vlan

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need logs on client tcimor-db1 to see what is wrong. Create these two folders under ...\netbackup\logs on the client: dbclient and bphdb. Rerun the backup. After the next failure, copy the log files in these folders to .txt files: dbclient.txt and bphdb.txt Upload them here as File attachments.

PatS729
Level 5

Hi,

Have you verified if SQL Server 2014 is supported with the version of Netbackup you are using ? You may like to refer to Database Agent Compatibility List - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000006088

Lotfi_BOUCHERIT
Level 5

I had this error couple days before, and the issue was with the backup tape which was frozen. I mean, there might problem with the tapes or drives

ihaddoudy
Level 2

I use the PureDisk, with SLP, the first backup iin disk pool, the second backup in tape

i have a policy for vMware, i have n problem with this integration, but the only problem is SQl server

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you collected logs yet?