cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to get the Active Directory users in the backup for the Active Directory using the GRT

qiblatain
Level 5
Dear All,

We are taking the backup of the Active Directory using the GRT enable feature. We have even NFS enabled on the master server & Active Directory server as well. The backup is successfully completed by selecting the system state of the client, but when restoring, We are not able to see the single user account,

So please guide us, how to restore the single account user for the Active Directory backup.

Thanks, Waiting for quick response.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Operating systems & NetBackup versions for client - "NetBackup does not support GRT with Windows Server 2003 R1 or earlier"

OS & NB version for Master/Media - "If your media server is running 2003 pre-R2 GRT cannot be used"

"Enable granular recovery" selected in policy?

I presume you have read the appropriate sections in the documentation updates:
e.g. for NB6.5.6
http://download1.veritas.com/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/348223.pdf

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Operating systems & NetBackup versions for client - "NetBackup does not support GRT with Windows Server 2003 R1 or earlier"

OS & NB version for Master/Media - "If your media server is running 2003 pre-R2 GRT cannot be used"

"Enable granular recovery" selected in policy?

I presume you have read the appropriate sections in the documentation updates:
e.g. for NB6.5.6
http://download1.veritas.com/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/348223.pdf

varunprakash
Level 5

From Admin Guide:-

When restoring user objects, you must reset the object's user password and enable

the object's user account:

For Active Directory user objects, use the Microsoft Active Directory Users

and Computers application.

In Active Directory, computer objects are derived from user objects. Some

attributes that are associated with a computer object cannot be restored when

you restore a deleted computer object. They can only be restored if the attributes

were saved through schema changes when the computer object was originally

deleted.

qiblatain
Level 5

Dear Andy,

We are using the Netbackup 7.0, installed on the Windows 2008 R2.

The clients have Windows 2008 R2, for which we have to take the backup of the Active Directory & Restore the single user accounts.

Dear  Varun,

We are not able to even see the any user account in the system state of the client, after taking the successful backup.

Thanks & waiting for your quick response.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you follow the steps listed in NBU7 Admin Guide I for Windows starting on p.578 (see screenshot on p.579) - how far do get when attempting to browse?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

qiblatain - please provide feedback?

I am personally hesitant to assist with any of your queries because of your lack of response....

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I agree with Marianne - we have on numerous occasions provided you with answers to your issues with "as quick a response" as we can. It would be appreciated if you would actually join-in the forum and provide us with a little feedback - we do this in our "spare" time after all to assist you!

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Did you add NFS service on client side (where you are trying to restore)? 

qiblatain
Level 5

Dear All,

bundle of thanks for your support, we have a case registered with Symantec.

They told us that they will generate the binaries for the solution of this problem.

Then this problem will be solved, so now we are waiting for them.

Thanks all once again.

Zahid_Haseeb

See point no.3 if anyonw is not agree with me. and correct me if i am wrong.

http://www.netbackuphowto.com/2009/05/28/howto-backup-active-directory-for-granular-restore-windows-...

Zahid_Haseeb

Dear Qiblatain did you find the solution.

I have also a TNof Exchange for your help. Its a big TN but hope it may help you regarding ""NFS"".

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH66342

Alamgeer_Khan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

If you are not able to browse the backup the issue is most probably with your nfs setting.

Please restart your nfs client service in both media and client & than you would be able to browse the backup up individual user. I personly have done testing with GRT for 2008 Active directory.

Regards.