cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on RHEL7 i still don't have PureDisk type showing for disk pools

mad_about_you
Level 4

NBU 8.2, RHEL7.7

when creating a disk pool (i have a 14TB partition; xfs filesystem), it is not showing any PureDisk storage.

when i try to use the disk storage servers, it asks me for SPA credentials. i don't have an appliance.

how then to use my xfs partition as a PD type storage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mad_about_you
Level 4

found it.

it should be create Media Server Deduplication Pool.

documentations not clear.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mad_about_you
Level 4

found it.

it should be create Media Server Deduplication Pool.

documentations not clear.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure what is unclear in the manual?

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/25074086-127355784-0/v24332600-127355784

NBU 8.2 Dedupe Guide: https://sort.veritas.com/DocPortal/pdf/25074086-136046432-1

page 19: Table 2-2 NetBackup deduplication storage destinations

Media Server Deduplication Pool 
A NetBackup Media Server Deduplication Pool represents the disk storage that is attached to a NetBackup media server. NetBackup deduplicates the data and hosts the storage.

PureDisk Deduplication Pool
A NetBackup PureDisk Deduplication Pool represents a storage pool on a NetBackup 5000 series appliance. NetBackup deduplicates the data, and the NetBackup 5000 series appliance hosts the storage.
Note: NetBackup supports PureDisk Deduplication Pool storage on NetBackup 5000 series appliances only.

admins are always working on the edge. last minute. so we're always looking for steps, not definitions.

don't see any guides that provides step by step instructions.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I disagree somewhat.  I understand that the BAU Support element of our work can sometimes throw a googly... but the rest of the time we need to be careful, and think ahead, and plan ahead, and practice ahead.

Plus, the NetBackup feature set is so vast, that there are quite literally thousands of different combinations of ways to configure NetBackup - and no vendor is ever going to write them all up... so, we read the manuals which describe each feature and how to configure them, and we digest what we read, and then we might perform a PoC.  This is how we develop own own site and design and solution specific build steps.  Every single implementation that I have ever performed has always been different.  Yes, I've been able to re-use elements and partial steps from previous build plans, but I have never been able to re-use a whole plan without first having to make several changes.  Personally, IMO, I would never approach a prod build without a plan that I expect to work.