Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optimized deduplication

t_jadliwala
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

I am having netbackup setup in gco clustera. We are having two datadomain box one on the main site and other on the dr site. 

what ever the data goes from the main site datadomain is send to dr site datadomain via optimized deduplication and vice versa. So we have two copies of images on each datadomain. Now we want to know what is the amount of replicated data across the sites. How we can find the same. Your help is highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You'll have to extract this information from the datadomain, it is not available to netbackup. DD has pre and post compressions numbers that might help with this calculation.

t_jadliwala
Level 4
Partner Accredited

yes thats true. datadomain is sending me everyday autosupport report from both the dd (main and dr). Now it shows me the post compression from each datadomain is around 1 tb. I believe this 1 tb contains both the data which is backed up and the replication data which is coming through optimized deduplication. How to extract only the replication data from the post compression value?

X2
   VIP   

This isn't NetBackup related but how DataDomain does the "replication".

I have a "daily status" report (PDF) which comes from the DD Management center. The section on "Network Bytes Used Details" shows how much data was "sent out" by DD1 to DD2. Is this what you are looking for? Attached a sample screenshot for you.