cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parent_end_notify script not running

amin--
Level 3

Hi,

I have a requirement to run a sap archive job A and job B. So i have modified the parent_end_notify file 

in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin as attached here.

So when i ran sap archive job A manually i waited for its completion. the job got completed but i could not see

the job B started in Netbackup Admin console. Is there any issue in my attached parent_end_notify script file?

Also to troubleshoot the issue i checked if the OUTFILE is getting created , but it does not exist .

Can anyone help here !!!!

Also i tried to rename the parent_end_notify to parent_end_notify.SAP_JOB_A to check if it gets triggerred but no it didnt help. 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

quebek
   VIP    Certified

hi

please check if this script is having executable bit set on... ls -la scritpname

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

in yous script:

if [ $2 = "SAP_JOB_A" ]

then

OUTF=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/PARENT_END_CALLED.SAP_JOB_A

the "fi" is missing here.

ciao

tunix2k

Thanks ,

I have check the excustuable is already present for root in parent_end_notify file.

Ah, my bad i forgot fi in the script.

I have updated the file now as attached, (i have added the lines now in the bottom of the file that i need )

Can you have a look if it is ok ? Please ....

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

It looks better. In order to test it... I would changed the line with bpbackup .... to echo bpbackup .... and call this script directly by providing to it all seven parameters just to see if it will work as designed...so

parent_end_notify_scritp client SAP_JOB_A schedule schedtype 0 1 2

then you should see on screen that echoed line with bpbackup.... 

Ok ... you are right.

i'll add echo to the bpbackup line and then i can run the script in the command line itself with using 

./parent_end_notify <client> SAP_JOB_A  <schedule> <scheduletype> 0 1 2

So it is not necessary for testing this the job SAP_JOB_A must actually get completed in the NBU Admin console inorder to get the proper $ values to this script  right?  

quebek
   VIP    Certified

correct... try it out... It won't harm and you will be sure it is as it should be...

Hi , 

now i am able to get the echo line output on the screen when i run the 

./parent_end_notify <client>  SAP_JOB_A  <Schedule> <scheduletype> 0 1 2

Then i went ahead and removed the echo from the parent_end_notify and waited for the SAP_JOB_A to complete in NBU GUI console but it didnot start the SAP_JOB_B automatically.

Also when i ran the parent_end_notify via command line as above,

It ran the SAP_JOB_B in the NBU console.

It seems some issue when it run automatically which i couldnot see.

Also in the PARENT_END_CALL now i could not see getting updated for any job that gets completed.

As i could see the last output that i ran from command line.

Can you help please?

Now my PARENT_END_CALLED is not getting updated whenever the backup gets completed.

Can anyone help Please ??

quebek
   VIP    Certified

first things firts:

is your SAP_JOB_A multistreamed? if not you should be using this script bpend_notify

also why you need this second job? in my env all SAP related things are being managed automatically - from NBU scheduler or DBA end... There is no need to run anything via addtional scripts...

Yes, my sap archive job is mutistream.
I require my archive sap job A to finish first and then start the sap archive job B automatically also vice versa. I want to remove the hourly calendar multiple schedule which is currently in this 2 jobs. For this I think parent end notify should work.
Also it is working when I ran through command line as you stated. But not automatically when Sap Job A job runs in gui console also the PARENT_END_CALL doesn't get updated too when any job complete.