cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parent job id number

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Now I have a situation, where as in I am collecting data of a client for a respective policy, my logic captures data for a single date, so the challenge is, "If a backup spans more than 1 day, How do i capture relavant bpimagelist infos". I thought of finding all jobs which has common parent job id, for that I need to find out which one is the parent job, which again is relavant as long as it is in activity monitor.

So I am open to suggestions.

My Goal is to capture a client's (respective policy), full and incremental date and size.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you checked bpdbjobs -all_columns output? It has field36 = Parent job number

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000117357

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

William_Jansen_
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hmmm

I'm not sure what you want to achieve. Personally the clients where I do some devops with python and or php. I typically just use opsCenter. There a "tabular backup report". Intressting columns are Job Directory, Parent Job ID, Job ID, Size, and just about everything else you mentioned. I would suggest you rather get the information from opscenter. Much safer. I've had it where master Servers lockup if you do too many native command line scripts against it. Having opsCenter is much safer. I believe there is also a snmp mib for opscenter.

@William_Jansen_

I agree Opscenter is safest, However what I am trying to achieve has no consolidated report from opscenter, Moreover the opscenter has data collection issues, so it works intermittently so can't rely on it for now. When you say devops on clients you create reports or such from the data provided by opscenter?

William_Jansen_
Level 5
Partner Certified

Constantly. We even use it for auditors.

I have one client that has 12 sites in remote locations, and 5 Head Office locations. We have up to 18 Netbackup servers all reporting to 1 OpsCenter. That sends a "tabular" backup report. We then run this through some dashboard program that:

• Creates a Dashboard for the onsite team as to where they must focus their daily support activities.
  • Provides business with an automated Restore of Transactional data from african coutries to Head office, for Business intelligence.
  • Created a Consolidated graphical report from the dashboard, that informs local support teams when storage, power and other environment issues occored that the backup server picked up(like for instance, error 2106 on the remote sites, which means storage went down, check if replication jobs ran succesfully to Head Office, Check if the remote site is offline, getting error 58 when connecting to the clients). A Task that use to take the onsite team 3 hours to login to each site now takes 10 mintues from dashboard we developed. 

There's lots that you can do. But I dont know what you want to do, in order to give guidance. Not sure what you mean with intermittantly, NBSL is quite good at keeping opscenter updated with what's going on in Netbackup. Just have a look at the active jobs in ops center vs the Netbackup gui.

@William_Jansen_

Great, you seem to be using opscenter quite extensively. So when you get the raw .csv report what language are you using to further process it? Python?

I am going through Python to implement few stuffs, So would appreciate some suggestions. Also what did you mean when you said "automated Restore of Transactional data". Could you please elaborate a bit.

I am looking for the parent job id so i can co relate child jobs with parent job for some coding I am doing.

LucSkywalker195
Level 4
Certified

For simplicity sake just stick with the date as the cutoff period. Since auditors are usually from an accounting background they'll agree most readily with this approach as this is what they do with financial systems and data as well.

I am looking for a command which maps parent id with child id. For example if parent id is let say 1001, then all it's child jobs will have it's parent job id as 1001, I am looking for something which i can use to map parent with child job id, as I can't stick to a date as a backup job can traverse days.

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

try  run the bpcatlist on policy level

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you checked bpdbjobs -all_columns output? It has field36 = Parent job number

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000117357

@Mike_Gavrilov,

I will look how can i relate it with child jobs, thanks