cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pending request on SLP duplication after configure NDMP direct copy

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

pending request on SLP duplication after configure NDMP direct copy . causing the duplication to hang or halt.

SLP policy will backup to Virtual Library tapes and duplicating to Physical library as offsite copy using ndmp direct copy . From the VTL (LTO4) to physical library (LTO5) .

will different hcart type in the reside in same volume pool cause the confusion of virtual tapes to trying to load to physical drives?

how to find the root of of the resource pending ?

2 REPLIES 2

watsons
Level 6

I believe the LTO4 to LTO5 duplication would work, however I never test such a config. The bptm log should be able to indicate something, like at which point it is not moving anymore (halt/hung).

Have you checked out this technote?  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160733

austin_lazanows
Level 4
Certified

Media ids must be unique, but the hcart type does not need to be different if they exist in the same pool. When a backup or duplicate request is started, it identifies the robot that the current media resides in or is destined to go, and filters it from there. A VTL and physical library cannot share the same robot id if they are presented to Netbackup (obviously if this is a Falconstor VTL and doing the automated tape caching, then thats a bit different since it does not involve Netbackup).

What are the error codes? Can you provide the bptm logs from the media server that is performing the duplicate? I do not think NDMP backups doing direct copy can perform their own duplications- you'll probably need an alternate read host which would be a media server who can see both the VTL and the physical tape library.