cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help licensing Netbackup

franciscotorres
Level 4

Hello

I have 2 types of licenses for Netbackup 8.1.2, one is based on TB and the platform is (ESXI, these are 5 servers with 2 cores each), for this license we bought the so-called "NETBACKUP ENTERPRISE VIRTUAL CLIENT WLS CPU HARDWARE TIER 4 ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE "(10 licenses for 10 Socket)

plus 11 licenses for the storage-based type (TB), "NETBACKUP PLATFORM BASE COMPLETE ED XPLAT 1 FRONT END TB ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE", to support databases and physical servers.

My doubt is with https://taas.veritas.com/, since here it indicates to me that I have used the 220GB of  11 GB, I have only done some tests of backups to tape and PUREDISK (a deduplication disk of 27TB). ..

When making backups with policy VMware direct to a puredisk, if I have licensed the cores of the ESXI is storage deducted?

Smart meter does not show my license by cpu, so I do not have to know if it is correct or not.

How can I know if the WLS CPU HARDWARE type is properly licensed?

Thank you very much for your help

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Unfortunately Smart meter only tracks Capacity license. 

I do not think that NBU has any means of connecting to ESXi servers to check amount of CPU's.
It is therefore up to you to confirm compliance.

Hello Marianne, does this mean that smart meter does not work for my license types and I could ignore it?

Also I have another problem, when I review the licenses in the java console I get 20 instead of 10 the Datastore option, and the socket capacity purchased is 10.

Is there any way to "clean" the licenses and enter them again?

Thank you so much for everything

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have Capacity license as well.

Smart Meter is tracking Capacity usage only. 

Veritas Customer & Partner Engagement Team is currently conducting a survey regarding Smart Meter. 
I will send you the link privately. 

Thanks!!!