cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem to access user account in console NetBackup 7.6.

Elmer_Gomez
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with access to netbackup have two user accounts as operator and support that is not allowing me to access the console of NBU, but if income with administrator accounts if regular income.

and reviewing the accounts that are created in NBACC they are also created from the AD-DC microsoft.

Deputy error showing me their support agradecere ..

nbacc1.PNGnbacc2.PNGnbacc3.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

I could see you are trying to access the Netbackup admin console.

1) did you login to the systems with the same user that is have access as Operator?

2)did you try accessing netbackup java consle and see the results?

Naveen_Sunkari
Level 4

Check the auth.conf file there you can check whether you have full access

nbjava_install_path\java\auth.conf authorization file

cat /usr/openv/java/auth.conf

Thanks
Naveen Sunkari

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Try to use java console because NBAC used to have some issues with Windows console (like caching credentials and so on). I also faced with a lot of toubles using several users with NBAC on Windows boxes.

Elmer_Gomez
Level 5
Partner Certified

summarize the following:

Environment:
- StandAlone with Netbackup Server 7.6.0.1 (Master and Media on the same server).
- This same topology as to have 19 locations, each location in a server of the same features work independently from each other there.
- Access option enabled Managment have to give access permissions to users.
- They have two access levels (administrator level (full access), operator level (access monitoring, execution Jobs, do not have access to create new accounts in the Netbackup)).

Issue:
- With an account manager level they have no problems, have access to everything.
- With an account operator level, that's where the problem does not have access to the application.
- Operator This account has been tested in other venues and the problem is replicated in 4 seats, the other 15 have no problems and can be accessed with the operator account

- As I see the problem can be a permit for these venues, but we need evidence of that, has been revised in the logs Windows logs Antivirus but no locks is, we need your support in order to demonstrate that apparently is not a problem of Netbackup.

- The client has consulted if you have made any changes but indicates that it has not but the strange thing is happening only because the operator account and not with other accounts.

- If you could indicate a log where access are stored or displayed because they help us connect.

- Additional Note: If you send more procedures please note that in this netbackup server the client is running your AD and other virtualized services. We know it's not a good practice to have these services in this way, but the customer is so in its 19 offices in the same way.

thank you for your help.