cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

procedure install NBU 6.5.4 on Win 2008 SP2 64 bits

T_N
Level 6
Hi All,

I need the procedure to  install NBU 6.5.4 on Win2008 Standard SP2   64 bits, anyone know about it please help me.

1) Installing 6.5GA 
2) Upgrading from 6.5 GA to 6.5.2 (use the Release Update NB_6.5.2.Winx64_CD.exe ) then to 6.5.4

Are they correct ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NO NEED to install 6.5 first.
See this extract from 6.5.4 Release Update downloads TN:

New Media released in 6.5.4:

The 6.5.4 release includes a new base install for Windows 2003/2008 x64 and new installations for NOM 64-bit proliferations.  These downloads are intended for new installations only and are not to be used for upgrading from previous releases.  Please follow the specific instructions documented in the 'To install:' section of each download.

CD Image NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 Server Core x64 platforms, and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

brant
Level 3
Employee
Emm, you should install NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe instead of 6.5.2 after you have 65GA.
You don't need upgrad NBU like 65GA->6.5.2->6.5.4 .

Best Regards,
Brant.
---------------------------------------------------
Please kindly close this thread if it has been resolved.
Just mark the right answer as the relolution.
O(∩_∩)O~
---------------------------------------------------

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NO NEED to install 6.5 first.
See this extract from 6.5.4 Release Update downloads TN:

New Media released in 6.5.4:

The 6.5.4 release includes a new base install for Windows 2003/2008 x64 and new installations for NOM 64-bit proliferations.  These downloads are intended for new installations only and are not to be used for upgrading from previous releases.  Please follow the specific instructions documented in the 'To install:' section of each download.

CD Image NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 Server Core x64 platforms, and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms

T_N
Level 6
Thank you very much for your informations :) Do you know how  to connect DataDomain ( I need to setup DD660 as Backup Disk) Thanks.

TIKI
Level 3

Dear Sir

I have a 6.5.3 master server (solaris 9) and connect  Tape library with SCSI &  SAN ( robot by scsi , Tape Driver by SAN) . Today I install a media server on windows 2008 sp2 x64 with NBU 6.5.2 x64. I can see all driver by SAN . But when I upgrade it to 6.5.3 that the Remote manager monitor server can't stop . I must kill the nbrmms process and the upgrade can go on.
When the installation is finish , I restart my 2008 server . But when I use tpconfig command there are no any respond . And I cant start the EMM service . And I use bpdown commend then the Remote manager monitor server can't stop .
Could anybody  help me please ?