cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query to exclude disconnected clients

kaey
Level 2

there are multiple VMs in disconnected state i would like to exclude them from backup is it possible via query ? since they are in powered on state it is included in query and stays in queued state for a long time, this affects the other VMs too....does anybody have a suggestion ??

excluding is not an option since there are multiple clients...lot of manual work

5 REPLIES 5

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Click on VM Policy and go to clients TAB and unselect the VM

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

in NetBackup7.6_Admin.Guide_VMware.pdf on page 106 youll find the keyword Powerstate. Add it to your query. Values are poweredON powerdOFF and suspended.

ciao

Martin

hariharan24
Level 4
Certified

Disconnected means, I think ESX host is in disconnected state.,

Then you can do one thing, in VM query --> You can add one line like exclude the VMs under that particluar ESX host alone.

Then that will work in your case...

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

hariharan24 is right. I should red the question/problem correctly.

But your problem have a root cause in vmware not NetBackup. Check vpxa network etc.

To handle the problem temporarly add AND ESXserver NotEqual "<my-disconnected-ESXi>".

ciao

Martin

thanks guys, but the problem is not withe ESX, its in online and few VMs that are online under ESX are backing up successfully, the problem is with the few disconnected VMs under the esx.

i was hoping if there is any query to exclude these clients.

i'm aware that the problem is in vmware end, there seems to be an blade server isssue and they are working on it,untill it gets resolved we have to kill the backups for the disconnected VMs so that other VMs backups complete. 

@tunix2k i'm not aware of the vpxa network, could youn explain me how can i test that ? but im sure that the comm between backup host, esx and vcenter is good.