cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick erase for media

________o
Level 4

i have veritas netbackup v 7.0 based on windows 2003 and i upgrade windows to windows 2008 after upgrade when i try run quick erase for media it's show erorr unable to start this command as attached

any one can help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I often find that UAC on W2008 can cause 'weird and wonderful' errors.

Try to open the Admin Console with right-click, Run as Administrator and see if Quick erase is successful.

You can also try to open Cmd with Run as Administrator and issue the command from cmd.

If it still fails, check the file size of the bplabel command. Hopefully you have a W2008 media server to compare file sizes. Else, post file properties and fellow Windows users can share what they see on their systems.

If it will help - I have NBU 7.0.1 Admin Console installed on my Windows 7 laptop - file size 969 KB.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I often find that UAC on W2008 can cause 'weird and wonderful' errors.

Try to open the Admin Console with right-click, Run as Administrator and see if Quick erase is successful.

You can also try to open Cmd with Run as Administrator and issue the command from cmd.

If it still fails, check the file size of the bplabel command. Hopefully you have a W2008 media server to compare file sizes. Else, post file properties and fellow Windows users can share what they see on their systems.

If it will help - I have NBU 7.0.1 Admin Console installed on my Windows 7 laptop - file size 969 KB.

________o
Level 4

Dear I would like to thank you about your replay. it's working now after open the admin console with Run as administtator

Thanks again.