Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No object matched the specified predicate"

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.7.3 / sql server 2014

i'm trying to do an alternate restore (this is not my first) and keep getting

"No object matched the specified predicate"

when i check the TN https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000034525 it says the casing of the browseclient is different. so i changed it from uppercase to lowercase (as our master/media server is a linux redhat 6.3).

same error.

what else could be causing the error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

manatee
Level 6

it was a loong day yesterday. worked up to 4am on this.

first issue was, even though in the GUI the allow to restore was enable for all clients, when we checked from the CLI it shows as "List Restore:  Not Specified" when checked with bpclient. that took several hours to find out.

then after enabling restore, there is the issue of that predicate thing. as the restore script was quiet long, we did a "find and replace" to rename the db names and locations. guess what. it also renamed the image name! we didn't notice that initially so we keep  digging at the back end (CLI). only when we've exhaused all possibilities did we decided to edit the script manually. and that's when we saw our mistake.

but in between we were also having issues like the NBU sql client won't connect or login to the local sql database but it connects to any remote databases. never found out why. have to reinstall NBU altogether as we were really tired.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

before checking anything else.. i would suggest to check the client name showing in backup image.

you can see the client name in backup id by running the command bpimagelist or from the catalog.

ex:- <clientname>_unixtime

make sure it is the same name used in restore bch file.. 

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you have bprd log on the master server?
Simply a must to troubleshoot restore issues. Especially initial browse and job setup.

Look for entries like these in bprd:

... <2> restorefiles: browse_client =
... <2> restorefiles: requesting_client =
... <2> restorefiles: destination_client =
... <2> restorefiles: requesting_client_hostname =
... <2> restorefiles: destination_client_hostname =

manatee
Level 6

it was a loong day yesterday. worked up to 4am on this.

first issue was, even though in the GUI the allow to restore was enable for all clients, when we checked from the CLI it shows as "List Restore:  Not Specified" when checked with bpclient. that took several hours to find out.

then after enabling restore, there is the issue of that predicate thing. as the restore script was quiet long, we did a "find and replace" to rename the db names and locations. guess what. it also renamed the image name! we didn't notice that initially so we keep  digging at the back end (CLI). only when we've exhaused all possibilities did we decided to edit the script manually. and that's when we saw our mistake.

but in between we were also having issues like the NBU sql client won't connect or login to the local sql database but it connects to any remote databases. never found out why. have to reinstall NBU altogether as we were really tired.