cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Servers" list in client config

SteveLaw
Level 5

Hi,

We're Netbackup 7.5, mixed Unix and Windows.

In the admin console if I add a server in the "Servers that can access the currently selected host" window, what am I enabling?

Is it allowing the servers listed to act as media servers and back the client up?

Is it also allowing them access to the client when the server is running the Admin Console and wants to query the client?

Also, if I look in the registry on the client, the Master server always shows at the beginning of the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Server. But it is not listed on the client object in "Servers that can access the currently selected host". Why is that? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In the admin console if I add a server in the "Servers that can access the currently selected host" window,....

What object is selected here? Master server? Media server? a Client?

If you select Clients -> <Client-name> -> Servers, then it will update the Client's registry.

.... what am I enabling?

Server entry give backup and restore rights, as well as full config rights similar to the master server rights.

Media Server entries will only give backup and restore rights.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In the admin console if I add a server in the "Servers that can access the currently selected host" window,....

What object is selected here? Master server? Media server? a Client?

If you select Clients -> <Client-name> -> Servers, then it will update the Client's registry.

.... what am I enabling?

Server entry give backup and restore rights, as well as full config rights similar to the master server rights.

Media Server entries will only give backup and restore rights.