cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Strangeism" with Filter by Example for media

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
using the Windows Admin Console (NB 6.5.4) (Java GUI filtering mechanisms are slightly different & appear ok).

Was just explaining to a colleague something about the media in our robot & came across a "funny" whilst trying to filter our media by slot number.

Whilst trying to filter for any slot number below 100 I get nothing, zilch, nada, "No items match filter criteria". Filtering for any slot number of 100 or above is ok. There is obviously something "before" the numeric characters in this particular field in the Windows Admin Console for slot numbers of less than 3 characters that is preventing the filter from working correctly & was just wondering if anyone else had come across this or a similar issue, or could shed a little light on the matter. It's not a big deal, was just interested.

Was going to say it was ok for all other fields (eg Retention, Images, Valid images etc) but have also found the same to be true for "Cleanings remaining" and "Mounts".

***EDIT***
Just as an aside: filtering within the Activity Monitor for similar numeric characters seems to be ok.

***EDIT #2***
Found this to be the case in both 6.5.4 Windows Admin Console & base 6.5

4 REPLIES 4

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It might be worth opening a case and trying to get an Etrack out of it.  (I didn't see anything matching your description, although I also didn't look very hard.)

I would bet that this ranks really low on your priority list of things to do with NetBackup, however.  ;)

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I filtered by doing

<100
but got all the empty ones too and could not figure out how to get rid of the ones with the - in it.

so never could get it either - very interesting issue.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
But now that I've found it, it's starting to rankle!

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Yeah, the <100 does work doesn't it?

Only way (or one way) to exclude the "-" for slot entries would be to filter something else on the same line - I was going to suggest Robot Number but that doesn't work either!!! - so filtered slot <100 & robot_type=TLD.....

Glad it's not just me tho' ;)