cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to login, status: 526 cannot connect to the PBX service. Make sure the service is up. Check

PRAVEENCRIC
Level 3

Hello,

I'm new to NB. I Installed NB 8.0 on Win server 2016 (master/media server).

When I Lauched NB Admin console I'm getting the error "Unable to login, status: 526 cannot connect to the PBX service. Make sure the service is up. Check the log file for more details"

Troubleshooting performed:

Services.msc-> veritas PBE services is started, restarted it again -> didnt help https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000108204 -> didnt help https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000019802 0-> didnt help

java/nbj.conf) -> VNETD_PORT=13724 PBX_PORT=1556 NBJAVA_CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW=0 0 INITIAL_MEMORY=256M MAX_MEMORY=512M MEM_USE_WARNING=80 FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=0 USE_NBJAUTH_WITH_ENHAUTH=0 NBJAVA_CORBA_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=60 NBJAVA_CORBA_LONG_TIMEOUT=1800 NBJAVA_CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW=0 0 FORCE_RESET=1 VNETD_CONNECT_RETRY_TIMEOUT=60 USE_OS_DATETIME_FORMAT=1 NBCSSC_PORT=5637 NBSDS_PORT=5638 VALIDATE_REPLICATION_TOPOLOGY=1 WEBSERVICE_PORT=1556 NETBACKUP_API_CLIENT_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT=180 NETBACKUP_API_CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT=1800 INSTALL_PATH=C:\\Program Files\\Veritas\\NetBackup\\java INSTALL_PATH=C:\\Program Files\\Veritas\\NetBackup\\java

Check the log file for more details-> what logs do i need to check?

Please assist!

R

P

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Are you tying to open the java console from same master server or  java console is installed on some remote systems and trying to loing?

if java console is installed on remote system and trying to connect from there make sure TCP port 1556 has communication from remote sytem to master server.

if you are trying to open the java console from same master server first if pbx port is listion state or not.

to check follow below steps

1) open command prompt in master server

2) telnet <masterserver name> 1556

check if telnet command is connecting or not.. if it is not connecting if indicates that your master server services are not running fine..  you may need to restart, reboot or reinstall.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In addition to Ram's excellent post:

Logs to check: PBX log and server.log.

PBX log is not plain text. You need vxlogview to view the log.

After you have restarted PBX, we need to see if it stays running. 
Open cmd to run vxlogview: 
(cd <install_path>\NetBackup\bin)

vxlogview -p 50936 -i 103 -t 00:05:00 
(above command will display log entries for last 5 minutes)

You can send output to a .txt file and upload here (assuming you have C:\Temp folder):
vxlogview -p 50936 -i 103 -t 00:05:00 > C:\Temp\pbx-log.txt

server.log is plain text and located in <install_path>\VERITAS\NetBackupDB\log\
Copy the file to server-log.txt and upload here using the 'Choose Files' link. 

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

Was this an upgrade or a new installation?

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified