cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"all local drives" requirements

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.5.0.5

if my backup selection is "All Local Drives" for a Windows machine and some files weren't backup due to being open or in use, on restore time can i still successfully restore some files off of that backup policy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes. You can recover anything in that backup set that ended in status 1, except for the files that were skipped.

Keep an eye on 'Problem Report' for the client to get a full list of files that were skipped.

Speak to system owners to see if files can be added to exclude list or if another backup method should be used for those files (e.g. database agent).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Yes you would be able to restore all the files but not the one that got skipped in the detailed status.
It seems your backup got successfull with status code 1. If that is the case you will be able to restore all the other files but not the one that got skipped in the detailed status.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes. You can recover anything in that backup set that ended in status 1, except for the files that were skipped.

Keep an eye on 'Problem Report' for the client to get a full list of files that were skipped.

Speak to system owners to see if files can be added to exclude list or if another backup method should be used for those files (e.g. database agent).

manatee
Level 6

the skipped files were all Windows system files. i can manage with that and yes i should probably have system32 directory excluded.

the funny thing is from another server where i have "All Local Drives" also, i don't get such error message. and i basically just copied the backup policy from one to the other (updating the client list of course).

thanks for the immediate replies.