cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"remote client support feature" for SAN media server

FlyMountain
   VIP   

I am configuring a SAN media server in our enterprise netbackup server enviornemnt, i applied "enterprise cleint", "tape drive" and "enterprise disk" license on it. when i configure the tape library and drives, i got error "remote support client support" is not licensed. will i need any additional license to make my "SAN media server" to work?

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you should only get this error when you configure the Storage Unit - not devices.

SAN Media Server needs Storage Unit to be configured as 'On demand only'.
So, the policy for this server will need to select this STU explicitly.

If drives are shared with other media server and/or media servers, you need to add SSO license as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne

I think you should only get this error when you configure the Storage Unit - not devices.

SAN Media Server needs Storage Unit to be configured as 'On demand only'.
So, the policy for this server will need to select this STU explicitly.

If drives are shared with other media server and/or media servers, you need to add SSO license as well.

Marianne

Have a look at this forum discussion:

How To Configure SAN Media Server 

andrew_mcc
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

A SAN Media Server can only back itself up so does not need remote client support, hence this feature is not included in the Enterprise Client license key. If you do need to backup other systems, this is a regular Madia Server deployment which requires a Server license and key (which includes remote client support). Best regards, Andrew

FlyMountain
   VIP   

thanks Marianne & andrew_mcc.

Marianne is right. Just need to skip the STU configuration during configure storage device and confgiure STU later with selecting "on demand only".