cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renaming Quantum OST storage server name

cimo
Level 4

Hi!

We have a Quantum DXI6702 OST Storage server.

The storage server name, as per documentation, is made by the hostname and the IP used to connect to it, in my case:

QTM6702-VI-570-AIR_172.24.62.21

We need to use a new 10gbs interface configured on this appliance, have we to rename the existing storage server with this command:

nbemmcmd -renamehost -machinename QTM6702-VI-570-AIR_172.24.62.21 -machinetype ndmp -newmachinename QTM6702-VI-570-AIR_223.13.13.247

?

or have we to create a new storage server with new disk pool?

is there someone who has Quantum OST experience?

Thank you in advance

Simone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cimo
Level 4

Hello,

Quantum answers that there is no way to rename the storage server and make it working, I'm using a new storage server with the new name: QTM6702-VI-570-AIR_223.13.13.247.

The old one can remain indefinitely, when all its backups expire it can be deleted.

Best Regards!

Simone

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I believe this is what your looking for:

Changing the MSDP storage server name or storage path (HOWTO89021)

cimo
Level 4

Thank you for your answer, I hope there is a simpler way to rename the storage server. I opened a case to the Quantum Support. 

I'll keep you posted.

Simone

cimo
Level 4

Hello,

Quantum answers that there is no way to rename the storage server and make it working, I'm using a new storage server with the new name: QTM6702-VI-570-AIR_223.13.13.247.

The old one can remain indefinitely, when all its backups expire it can be deleted.

Best Regards!

Simone

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, it seems that SymTerry's post above is very much applicable here and probably deserved the Solution mark? 

cimo
Level 4

I didn't try the solution proposed by SymTerry because the MSDP is not the DXI6702. Both storage servers are still existing in my Netbackup Domain, as recommanded by the Quantum Support.

Do you think the SimTerry post is the right solution?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The steps in the TN will apply to all Storage Servers - OST as well. 

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

A storage server is a storage server regardless. They are just of different types.