cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing my MSDP pool

lovethatcheese
Level 5

Hi all. 

I have a media server (windows server 2008 R2 enterprise) that used to have an MSDP pool created on it (n:\dedupe).

This was taken away and we were backing up to an external hard drive (it's a small campus). We now have this equal logic back - however, the original '"n:\dedupe" was deleted. I created this directory again, but it does not have the config files needed.

Is this as simple as deleting the storage server, and re-adding as a new MSDP pool? I have been hesitatnt to delete the storage server, but don't know of another way to get the needed config files on the equal logic.

Thanks for any assistance. 

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

nbdelete -allvolumes -force

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH66707

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lovethatcheese
Level 5

To add some info on this, I deleted the previous storage unit that was created for the original n: ....I get an error when I try to delete the disk pool - 

"unable to delete disk pool. invalid command parameter. disk pool cannot be deleted because disk volume (pure disk volume) contains image fragments waiting to be deleted".

Just to re-emphasize, this is a new slice from our equal logic, meaning, it was basically just a blank 'n:\" drive. There are no images or anything on it. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You need to get rid of the old one before you can create the new one

To create the new one just follow the wizard through to create the new one in the desired location

To delete the new one you need to clear any images from the catalog first

Run an images on media report or do a catalog query to find all the images first and then expire them (via the catalog or using bpexpdate with the -force option)

You may also need to check that any images relating to a SLP have been cancelled (nbstlutil commands to list them and then cancel them)

Once done run a bpimage -cleanup -allclients and a nbdelete -allvolumes -force

Then see if it will delete

If not try get back to us as there are another couple of things that can be done

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

nbdelete -allvolumes -force

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH66707

lovethatcheese
Level 5

well, nbstlutil -U -client client_name didn't bring anything back for the media server in question. Tried the same command with -mediaserver media_server_name, no results. I have a ton of fragments from my other 9 media servers, but that should have no relevance to the task at hand. 

When running through catalog or reports, no images show up that are pointing to old N:   - this has been gone for months now. Is there something else I can try? 

briggsy
Level 4
Partner

I've had to do this previously and found this useful ...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH150431