cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting tool for NBU

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.5.0.5

anyone know of a reporting tool for NBU? the ones that came with NBU are pretty basic and not flexible.

i have this requirement to generate a report with the following columns:

Client, Media ID, Policy Type, database Instance

at the moment, i'm doing everything manually which is really time consuming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Database instances you meant by SQL and oracle??

If so then with NBU 7.5.x you would need OpsCenter Analytics for this  as Job directory attribute is not available in basic reports provided by basic opscenter

with NBU 7.6 onwards this is available in basic version. Try it out.

You can request for eval key of opscenter analytics key with your sales account manager 

and check for NBU and opscenter 7.6 (must have valid support contract to get upgrades and support etc.)

OpsCenter is the answer to your concern however baer in mind for above mentioned of attribute limitation with version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you can use the Symatec Opscenter for all your reporting and monitering purpose..

basic Opscenter from symatec is Free with limited features.. and Opscenter anylitics are licencec version..

with Basic Opscenter you can get most of the bacic reports done.. if you need more you can go with licenced version.

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/white_papers/b-nbu_7_opscenter_analytics_WP.en-us.pdf

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Database instances you meant by SQL and oracle??

If so then with NBU 7.5.x you would need OpsCenter Analytics for this  as Job directory attribute is not available in basic reports provided by basic opscenter

with NBU 7.6 onwards this is available in basic version. Try it out.

You can request for eval key of opscenter analytics key with your sales account manager 

and check for NBU and opscenter 7.6 (must have valid support contract to get upgrades and support etc.)

OpsCenter is the answer to your concern however baer in mind for above mentioned of attribute limitation with version.

manatee
Level 6

i'm checking my license description and it says

SYMC NETBACKUP PLATFORM BASE
COMPLETE EDITION 7.6 XPLAT 1
FRONT END TB RENEWAL
ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS EXPRESS
BAND S

does that include the OpsCenter Analytics?

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes

Analytics has been bundled with capacity

Check your license certificates there should be two license keys

One for NBU and other for OpsCenter