cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restor netbackup

guilhemlflo
Level 4

Hello, I will perform several complicated actions in a short time: maj of the NBU version of 7.6 => 8.0

then maj of the bones master and media 2008 => 2016 so I leave again at 0 but in NBU 8.0

I would have liked to know: once the infra upgrade to 8.0, could I restore the NBU catalog after OS migration?

The media server is also a msdp media How is the restoration of the catalog?

I'll just need a little lightning on how to restore the catalog. I would not want to have to backtrack or lost data.

Once all that realizing I'll have to do 8.0 => 8.1

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

yes this link explains how to recover catalog. Note for Step 3 you should takeover your settings for media-id generation.

Note this from old installation. (inventory library) this is simply to avoid that for example you tape MYCAT001 will be CAT001L6 in new environment.

ciao

tunix2k 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
As long as the Netbackup master server hostname, nbu version and install path remains same you can perform hardware refresh from windows 2008 to 2016 and perform catalog recovery without any problem...

Since you are sending the catalog backup to a separate media server ensure that the media server is also running on the same nbu version as the master server

Once you install the same netbackup version on the new hardware you can follow the steps provided in the below link to reconfigure msdp with the data intact and the. perform the upgrade

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH173220

thank you for this answer.

but there is something that I did not understand.

Currently the catalog is saved on an LTO tape.

I have a msdp with its base on a different server media In case,

I make a change of bone on both machines (media + master) I reinstall the same version of netbackup on both.

How should I proceed to restore the catalog that was on a tape?

is this link: https: //vox.veritas.com/t5/Articles/How-to-perform-Netbackup-catalog-Backup-and-Restore-operations/ta-p/813531 could match?

I can not understand the differences between the doc you gave me to restore the catalog from the msdp and the one I put above that does a restoration "classic"

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

yes this link explains how to recover catalog. Note for Step 3 you should takeover your settings for media-id generation.

Note this from old installation. (inventory library) this is simply to avoid that for example you tape MYCAT001 will be CAT001L6 in new environment.

ciao

tunix2k