cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rman netbackup failed

atif_munir
Level 4
Rman netbackup failed without any error in the rman log file and the netbackup gui shows it as failed backup....anyone have a better idea to resolve it.
9 REPLIES 9

Vijay_Kumar_Bab
Level 2
Certified
In the Netbackup GUI with what error code it has been failed...?

atif_munir
Level 4
its 150.......But I have not manually cancled the job. ....Secondly rman log does not show any error. Where i can check the error/logs in the netbackup server?
thanks in advance.

Stumpr2
Level 6
NetBackup BUG REPORT: Oracle RMAN restores are failing with a Status code 5 and 150.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278133.htm

atif_munir
Level 4
Thanks for your reply. but I am not restoring ....I am doing backup ......Do you think that there is the same bug for backup also?

Alfonso_Bravo
Level 3
Partner Certified
Hi,

Have you ran the rman script on the client?

What does the rman log tell you?

atif_munir
Level 4
Rman logs are pretty much clear and it ended up with successfually archiving the archive logs (also delete them from the server) but netbakcup gui failed the backup with status 150.

Italo_Calvano_J
Level 4
create a directory to log...

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/nb_obsi and dbclient

Increase the VERBOSE level and see those logs....

You can see the /usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/scripts/log to identified the error.

The code 150 maskarate tue other error.

atif_munir
Level 4
I have make the VERBOSE=5 in the bp.conf......Which log file on the server/client should contain the rman errors messages.

Vijay_Kumar_Bab
Level 2
Certified
Hi,

You can check on the master server by typing the command.

#bpdbjobs -report | grep client name

Then get the failed jobid.

#berror - jobid jobid number -U

you will get details for that failed job.

Another thing If the user iniating the Backup then you can check in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/yourid(name)/logs/*********