cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robtest works - Inventory fails

Jan_Rustico
Level 4

**** Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/issues-tapelibrary-using-robtest ****

I was able to perform the steps. however when i performed a inventory on the symantec nbu i got this error: robot inventory failed:  Unable to open robotic path (201)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you quit robtest ?  If not this will prevent anything from accessing the library until you exit. 

If you did quit robtest, go back in, does it still work, as robtest gets the path to the library from NetBackup so if NBU cannot access the path, robtest should also fail.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Since this is a new thread, lets post the steps you followed and we'll start from there.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you quit robtest ?  If not this will prevent anything from accessing the library until you exit. 

If you did quit robtest, go back in, does it still work, as robtest gets the path to the library from NetBackup so if NBU cannot access the path, robtest should also fail.

jim_dalton
Level 6

Are you doing the inventory on the correct robot? How many robots show up on the pull down menu on the inventory pane? Sounds to me like youve got more than one robot configured but fewer than that in reality.

I know this because I have and thats the error you get when you inventory the phantom one.

So delete the phantom or simply inventoy the correct one.

Needs ruling in or out.

Jim