cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rolling VxPBX install netbackup server 7.5

mjaber
Level 2

hi all ,  we are trying to install new Netbackup server and i have started with Master Server installation and keep fail with below errorr  :  rolling back VxPBX install  UAC is disabled by register  We are using domain admin account to install . any idea ? 

3 REPLIES 3

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

You'll need to provide a little more detail for anyone to help.

The installation logs should be available in the C:\ProgramData\Symantec\NetBackup directory. You could first examine those to see if you can determine the cause of the installation failure, and if it is not obvious attach the logs for others to view.

One minor question - NBU Version 7.5 reached end of support life back in 2017 - can you not install something a little more recent, such 8.x? (even 7.7.x is reaching end of standard support in 2 weeks from now). 

attached the log file appreciate you help people :(

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Hi @mjaber 

Netbackup 7.5 is out of support. You really shoudln't run production on NBU 7.5 anymore.

Also please remember that - if memomry serves me right - NBU 7.5 doesn't support 2016 out of the box.

That said, i looked through the log, and you have bunch of messages where you get a OS "Access denied".  So it looks like a permissions issue.

05-07-2019,10:48:33 : System Error: 5, Access is denied. 
05-07-2019,10:48:33 : Failed to delete file C:\Program Files\Veritas\\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\emmlib.dll. See OS error above.