cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run bprestore command line specify different restore path or folder

gimmegimmenothi
Level 2
I cannot seem to figure out how to restore a folder that is getting backed up, to a different path 
other than the original.

netbackup is making backups of /home/dir1/

this command works fine, restoring /home/dir1 to its original location.
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -L /tmp/restore.log /home/dir1/
but, how can I specify that I want /home/dir1 tape backup to be saved to say /home/tmp/ folder?

Is that possible?

I know that via the GUI I can specify a different path, but i'd like to do it via command line.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You create a text file that we call a 'rename-file' that contains the source and destination folder, then add the filename to bprestore command with -R option.

See example in this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43687 

On UNIX and Linux systems: For example, the following entry renames /usr/fred to /usr/fred2:

change /usr/fred to /usr/fred2

So, if you create text file in /tmp called rename, and add the following in the file:

change /home/dir1 to /home/tmp

your command will look like this: 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -L /tmp/restore.log -R /tmp/rename /home/dir1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6

You create a text file that we call a 'rename-file' that contains the source and destination folder, then add the filename to bprestore command with -R option.

See example in this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43687 

On UNIX and Linux systems: For example, the following entry renames /usr/fred to /usr/fred2:

change /usr/fred to /usr/fred2

So, if you create text file in /tmp called rename, and add the following in the file:

change /home/dir1 to /home/tmp

your command will look like this: 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -L /tmp/restore.log -R /tmp/rename /home/dir1

gimmegimmenothi
Level 2

Thanks Marianne.

I was missing the key step of creating the "change" file.  Its been a long day here. haha.

Does this require that prior to running the bprestore command that I create the "new" destination folder on the OS?

ex.  mkdir /home/tmp

Luke

Marianne
Level 6

I can honestly not remember - it's been a long time since I last 'played' with bprestore.

If memory serves me right, it will create the folder.