cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schedules disappear

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.7.3

last night i created two backup polices using calendar-based schedules which are supposed to run at 11pm. this morning when i checked none of them ran. then i noticed the policies have their schedules blank.

so i created a new one this time using frequency-based scheduling. same thing. the schedules are blank.

and when i go check it from CLI using ./nbpemreq -predict_all -date 04/07/2017 23:59:59 the new policies are not listed!

why is this? what is causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is a known issue and there is an EEB that is supposed to resolve it, however I've seen mixed results. The issue is when you open the policy and make changes to the scheduling. However, if you don't open the entire policy, you can make changes as you please with no issues. Just go to Policies in the GUI, find the policy you want to change, expand it so you see 'Attributes', 'Schedules', 'Clients' and 'Backup Selections'. Select schedules and it will show you the current schedules if any exist. Double click the schedule you want to edit or create a new one. Click 'Okay' when done and that is all. For some reason the admin console is having issues when you open the entire policy and make changes to the schedules.

The EEB/ETrack was ET3893300 for 7.7.3. Again, I've seen mixed results with it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Seems odd - suggest creating a new policy as a test and then add a schedule, does that work.

I'm thinking something might have become corrupted somehow.

seems policy corruption is becoming common. what i did now is copied from an existing and running policy then edited it accordingly. so far so good. i can see the schedules in the gui console.

however, ./nbpemreq -predict_all -date 04/06/2017 23:59:59 doesn't show it as listed. it's scheduled to run at 9pm daily.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have a look at this post:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/NetBackup-7-7-2-policy-scheduler-losing-changes-in-new-Remote/t...

Seems 7.7.2 and 7.7.3 has a problem with remote console and calendar schedules.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Run nbpemreq -updatepolicies, then check again

It takes a short while for policiy changes to be reflected in nbpem, the above command forces a re-read.

did it already. no changes.

the link provided speaks of calendar-based policies. i have changed from calendar to frequency-based, new policy, and still not showing.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you show us the policy config?

bppllist <policy-name> -U 

DBA team can't wait.

i created, again, a fresh policy but this time used a different name (previously i kept using same name), used calendar-based scheduling, and it got scheduled as expected.

i will monitor this as i have some more policies to make.

thanks for all who replied.

This is a known issue and there is an EEB that is supposed to resolve it, however I've seen mixed results. The issue is when you open the policy and make changes to the scheduling. However, if you don't open the entire policy, you can make changes as you please with no issues. Just go to Policies in the GUI, find the policy you want to change, expand it so you see 'Attributes', 'Schedules', 'Clients' and 'Backup Selections'. Select schedules and it will show you the current schedules if any exist. Double click the schedule you want to edit or create a new one. Click 'Okay' when done and that is all. For some reason the admin console is having issues when you open the entire policy and make changes to the schedules.

The EEB/ETrack was ET3893300 for 7.7.3. Again, I've seen mixed results with it.

well FWIW, this is the first time i've encountered this since the non-Java admin console was discontinued.