cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up master and media server of netbackup on the same server

gbengaojekunle
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Am trying to set up netbackup using the same server for both master and media,after installing the master i re-run the set up again to install the media but instead of the media to install master server keep on re install. Pls help me out

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have moved your discussion to the NetBackup forum.

The master server binaries contains ALL server binaries - including media server binaries.
See Installation Guides:

NetBackup Master server clustered installation is covered in NetBackup Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide .

To configure devices on clustered master server is also covered in this manual.
In short, after installing NBU on both nodes as clustered Master, you will ensure OS on both nodes can see devices, then run device config wizard on active node. Fail over to second node and run the wizard again. 

gbengaojekunle
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Does it mean master server have media server by default? So i dont need to run the installation set up again

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Correct, well nearly.

As soon as you configure some storage on your 'master', disk or tape, it 'becomes' a media server and the associated processes should run 'automatically'.

Martin

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Seems you have never installed and configured a standalone master/media server? Please do this in a test environment first in order to understand the basics. Clustered master server will be way too complex if you don't understand the basics. Else, locate a Symantec Consulting Partner to assist.