cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow response for administrative tasks

Rwigg
Level 3

Greetings,

We recently upgraded to 6.5.4 on all of our master\media servers and all of our clients.  Now when I go to activity monitor, media, or devices it will take a very long time to load in some cases 5 minutes or more.  I recently had to reinstall Netbackup on one of our media servers and after installing 6.5 I checked the performance before installing the 6.5.4 upgrade and everything loaded very fast once I install 6.5.4 it went back to the longer loading times.  Has anyone else ran into this issue and found a way to speed up loading time?

8 REPLIES 8

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I've seen problems like these in the infrastructures having mixed set of 5.x and 6.x media server and this might be relevant - in case of improperly decommissioned media server - when hostname still persists in the database, NBU tries to connect and waits while TCP timeout to happen.
Do you have any firewalls between your master and media servers by the way?

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6

Do you have any media server in list that no longer connected to Netbackup Server?

Most of the Java or GUI delays are because the media server are not available or not healthy. I personally experienced this due to a decommissioned media server which did not properly decommissioned and a media server that was no longer part of my netbackup  enironment, Hence during console startup, it's trying to hunt for the decommissioned server...  that's y it's taking a long time. 

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
that an incorrectly decommissioned media server did not manifest itself as such until I upgraded to 6.5.4 (from 6.5.1). So maybe .......

Rwigg
Level 3
All servers clients and master\media are 6.5.4.  There is a firewall between the master and the media servers but the rules are set to allow all traffic between them.  We have not decommissioned a media server in over 2 years and I do not see any decommissioned media servers in devices.  Is there any chance a retired media server would still be listed in a config file somewhere that is cause an isse?  If so, does anyone know where that file might be.

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
you can check it by yourself:

nbemmcmd -listhosts

vmoprcmd -devmon hs

Rwigg
Level 3

When I ran nbemmcmd -listhosts there were no retired media servers listed.  Although another admin cleared out some of the old filers that had been retired and all of the media servers are running alot faster now but the master still seems to load pretty slow.

Markus_M_ller
Level 3
Hi
We have the problem of very slow admin console after upgrading to 6.5.4 (master/media/admin console)
i observed, that if the access to the admin console is slow, the lsass.exe process is
running with about 2 to 4 % cpu time (fluke??).
If i go back to console 6.5 every thing is working well!?!

Rwigg
Level 3
I forgot to post that this issue is resolved.  The D drive for our master server (where netbackup is installed) is located on one of our Netapp Filers.  We changed the connection to the filer to Fiber Channel instead of iscsi and everything is running like it was pre 6.5.4.