Did you mean: 

some problem in adding disk to MSDP

alireza1023
Level 4

Hi

I have an widows media server and add 2nd mount point for MSDP

at first I create a file c:\etc\nbapp-release

and then run echo Windows_BYO > "c:\\etc\\nbapp-release"

when I ran C:\Program Files\Veritas\pdde\crcontrol --dsaddpartition c:\MSDP\Disk2

I recieved this error:

Error: 36: binaryMessageRead:3310, Could not receive binary message: expected 4
bytes got -1 bytes. Cause: connection reset by peer
Failed to receive message from spoold when add moint point : incorrect message r
eceived

and in event viewer:

The description for Event ID 1 from source DCT cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

-1: _crDataStoreClass::_storeCheckContainers: Failed to open dsstat file: c:\MSDP\Disk2\.dsstat.

but disk is added and in crcontrol --dsstat 2 it shows two mount point and in master server is doubled the capacity

does it works or it has a problem

6 REPLIES 6

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   
I think multiple MSDP data volumes and 250 TB support on Windows is a new NetBackup 8.2 feature, are you running that version?
Andrew

yes, I am

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

acc to https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100038442.html, DCHeaderHashSize must be decreased, have you followed this step?

Regards

Michal

Marianne

@alireza1023 

If we look at TN https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100038442.html
there is another step after creating 

Did you modify DCHeaderHashSize setting in <MSDP Storage DIR>\etc\puredisk\contentrouter.cfg as per the article?

If you have followed all the steps, then probably best to log a Support call with Veritas. 

yes I devided 2 it means I changed to 1000000

my disks are not 32TB because physical disks are 4TB but really about 3.7. and emc vnx recommends 8+2 HDD for Raid 6. then windows shows 28691GB

Marianne

Best to log a call with Veritas Support.

Please let us know.