cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql Tlog schedule backups not running after failure

traghav86
Level 5

Good day 

Please advise if anyone come across the below issue.

SQL Tlog backups are configured to run 3Hourly but during the schueles if the client had any failures the next run not starting even after >4 hours.

am running on 7.7.3

Rahul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This is a known issue that has never been addressed by Symantec/Veritas. I remember this from NBU 5.x days.

A failure seems to kick in the global number of tries in xx hours. The default is 2 tries per 12 hours if not customized.

I have seen that a manual run of the failed backup kicks in the regular schedule, but this does not always work.

What definitely works is to adjust the global settings. Something like 1 or 2 tries every 3 hours should work in your environment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This is a known issue that has never been addressed by Symantec/Veritas. I remember this from NBU 5.x days.

A failure seems to kick in the global number of tries in xx hours. The default is 2 tries per 12 hours if not customized.

I have seen that a manual run of the failed backup kicks in the regular schedule, but this does not always work.

What definitely works is to adjust the global settings. Something like 1 or 2 tries every 3 hours should work in your environment.

Thank you Marriane.

Rahul