cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

srd-staticfiles.cab file failed please make sure that the file exist

haboulainain
Level 3

Hello

i have a problem with BMR's configuration on  Windows 2008 R2 server, when I want to create the SRT an error appears: "the extraction d: \ progem files \ Veritas \ netbackup \ Baremetal \ server \ srd-staticfiles.cab file .

I have checked on the specified folder and i found that the srd-staticfiles.cab file exists. I did a media server installation repair, but the result was the same. Also, when I want to configure the PXE service an error message appears: The BMX PXE Service failed to start. Check the system event log or tryre-running bmrsetupboot.exe. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

haboulainain
Level 3

Finally we found the solution, we just need to start the console BMR Boot Server Assistant on Run as administrator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

haboulainain
Level 3

Hello

i have a problem with BMR's configuration on  Windows 2008 R2 server, when I want to create the SRT an error appears: "the extraction d: \ progem files \ Veritas \ netbackup \ Baremetal \ server \ srd-staticfiles.cab file .

I have checked on the specified folder and i found that the srd-staticfiles.cab file exists. I did a media server installation repair, but the result was the same. Also, when I want to configure the PXE service an error message appears: The BMX PXE Service failed to start. Check the system event log or tryre-running bmrsetupboot.exe. Thank you in advance for your help.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

first check 2 simple things:

- your permissions

- free space on drive where you save SRT

If it is not a simple cause like this, I recommend to open support case because it looks like very specific issue (I have never met it during many years with NBU).

Regards

Michal

thanks for your return, 
Part of the problem was the permission, I modified the permissions and now I dont have the first error,but it returns an other erreur ( See the attached image ) 

I have seen this article:https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000100765

Mcaffe is not installed and the ADK is installed on the default location

Regards

haboulainain
Level 3

Finally we found the solution, we just need to start the console BMR Boot Server Assistant on Run as administrator