cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status 83 error code

lanira_1509
Level 4

Hi Everybody !

I hope finding an answer regarding my issue described below.

I have a server 2008 with NBU 7.0.1 which is the Master Server.

There is often an error that occured : Status 83. Media Open Error.

It happens regulary to the same job.

Another thing is that I have got a drive in status MIXED down (frequently occured too).

Strangly, this drive is belong to the Device Host which my job failed with the error described above.

Is anyone have an idea what is the origin issue ?

Thank you very,

Lala

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
3 I/O errors (such as status 83/84/85) in a 12-hour period will cause a drive to be downed on the pattachmentsar media server. Please create bptm log folder on the problematic media server under netbackup\logs\ and add VERBOSE entry to volmgr\vm.conf, followed by restart of NBU Device Manager service. Resulting bptm log and Device logging to Event Viewer System and Application log will help to pinpoint the issue. In the meantime, copy the error file in netbackup\db\media folder to error.txt and upload as File attachment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Status 83 is a generic error for the duplications. The NetBackup bpdm log provides additional information for determining the specific issue. Please reply with that.

Mixed mode means the control mode for a shared drive may not be the same on all hosts sharing the drive. For shared drives, each host can have a different status for the drive. If the control modes are all the same, that mode is displayed. Follow the steps in TECH175618 to troubleshoot.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
3 I/O errors (such as status 83/84/85) in a 12-hour period will cause a drive to be downed on the pattachmentsar media server. Please create bptm log folder on the problematic media server under netbackup\logs\ and add VERBOSE entry to volmgr\vm.conf, followed by restart of NBU Device Manager service. Resulting bptm log and Device logging to Event Viewer System and Application log will help to pinpoint the issue. In the meantime, copy the error file in netbackup\db\media folder to error.txt and upload as File attachment.

lanira_1509
Level 4

Hi Every body,

I finally send my log to Symantec.
Wainting for a feedback.

Thank you!