cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system state backup failure

rookie11
   VIP   

Hi all

we are getting system state backup failure on window client since quite a long time tried various things but failed.

client windows OS 2003 sp2, nbu version 7.1

volume shadow copy and microsoft software shadow copy provider are in automatic and started state.

whenevr nbu backup starts we get event id 34 VolSnap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Windows 2003 has lots of VSS issues - always worth applying the latest rollup package for VSS to your servers - i think it is this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What exactly is the status code for System State backup?

It will also help if you tell us about the 'various things' that you have tried.

I cannot find any reference to System State or Shadow Copy Components in the bpfis log - just C:\ D:\ and I:\.

Suggestions:

Please ensure that you have up-to-date Microsoft hotfixes for VSS.

Check/ verify output of 'vssadmin list writers' and 'vssadmin list providers'.

Please also rename bpfis log file, create a separate test policy for Shadow Copy Components:\
and run the policy. Please post all text in details tab as well as newly created bpfis log.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Windows 2003 has lots of VSS issues - always worth applying the latest rollup package for VSS to your servers - i think it is this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349

bharatgangawane
Level 5

Hi

If there is a issue with the System state backup try 1st netbackup on OS level it hapenning then check as Marianne said.

Update Microsoft hotfixes for VSS and try to take backup.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Try to backup the system state with ntbackup wbadmin tools if fails go to the event viewer and look for the error and share it with us or google the error most of the time a windows patch fixs the issue, but need the event log to know the patch