cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the certificate revocation list is invalid error 7654

jjimenez2
Level 5

Hi,

We have encounter a backup error "the certificate revocation list is invalid error 7654"  upon checking the clients have under host management the clients status is he "the vnetd proxy encountered an error" 

The clients is linux and not new clients for nbu. All running 8.2 and the master is clustered.

The telnet from master to clients and vice versa is good as well as the ping.

The clients cert not revoked and green status under host management in master server.

Do you know what need to check first?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

L_BR
Level 5

all my experiences with 'the vnetd proxy encountered an error' has been a communication error, mostly because of the certificates.

Try nbcertcmd -hostselfcheck on the client and use bptestbpcd -client <client name> -verbose

Edit: use bptestbpcd from the master.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello,

did you take a look at this?:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100039945

L_BR
Level 5

all my experiences with 'the vnetd proxy encountered an error' has been a communication error, mostly because of the certificates.

Try nbcertcmd -hostselfcheck on the client and use bptestbpcd -client <client name> -verbose

Edit: use bptestbpcd from the master.

X2
   VIP   

Go through the link @Hamza_H gave in the post above. The status code description also points to refreshing the CRL.

In my experience, I have seen similar errors after a disk full issue (Windows servers). Clearing out the disk on the server, followed by refreshing the CRL and restarting NetBackup services usually fixes the communication issue.