cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the specified policy does not exist in the configuration database(230)

tarmizi
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

hi all,

I am having an issue here with my customer's Master Server. It appears that error "the specified policy does not exist in the configuration database(230)"  kept coming even I have delete the policy. Is there a way to stop it?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems there is a user-directed backup or database backup started on a client.

To find out where exactly the request is coming from, ensure bprd log folder exists on the master server.
If not, create the folder under netbackup/logs and restart NetBackup Request service. 

Next time this error is seen, check the bprd log to see where the request is coming from (IP address or client hostname).
Speak to server owner to see if there is anything on the client that starts user/database backup automatically (e.g. Windows Task scheduler or Unix/Linux crontab).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Where are u getting these errors..?? If it for vault duplications or for bppl commands that you are trying to execute... If it is for commands please verify the policy name.. If u are triggering backups via some script kindly verify if u have specified the name of the policy that exists and not some policy name which is corrupt or deleted... You can also take a loot at the following technote. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH47398 Please give us more details regarding the issue...

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems there is a user-directed backup or database backup started on a client.

To find out where exactly the request is coming from, ensure bprd log folder exists on the master server.
If not, create the folder under netbackup/logs and restart NetBackup Request service. 

Next time this error is seen, check the bprd log to see where the request is coming from (IP address or client hostname).
Speak to server owner to see if there is anything on the client that starts user/database backup automatically (e.g. Windows Task scheduler or Unix/Linux crontab).