cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too many backup images are being created in just 2 days

selimatmaca
Level 2

It has just been 2 days and I see 1372 backup images under my catalog for one MS-SQL-Server policy. In this policy there are only 7 SQL databases. I see that  a new backup image is being created every minute for the same database. I attached a screenshot from my catalog. I dont think this can be normal but I need to be sure. Do you think this is a problem that should be taken care of?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, there a 7 instances across different servers.

Each instance consist of multiple databases. Normally each database will have a separate backup job/image. 

Then you have transaction log backups that run every 2 hours. Each database may have more than one transaction log.
There will be one job/image per log. 

So, to know what exactly is being backed up, you need to open each MS-SQL job - the database name will be part of the details.

You can also run bplist command for each client name to see a list of backup images that will include database or log name. Details of how to run bplist commands is in NBU for MS-SQL manual. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

could you give us more details about this backup configuraiton? is using bch file or intelegent policy?

could you share the screenshots of backup policy and  bch file possible?

Here are my screenshots. I didn't add screenshots for weekly and monthly backups. I just added daily full and LogBackups. I hope it would be enough. Thanks in advance.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, there a 7 instances across different servers.

Each instance consist of multiple databases. Normally each database will have a separate backup job/image. 

Then you have transaction log backups that run every 2 hours. Each database may have more than one transaction log.
There will be one job/image per log. 

So, to know what exactly is being backed up, you need to open each MS-SQL job - the database name will be part of the details.

You can also run bplist command for each client name to see a list of backup images that will include database or log name. Details of how to run bplist commands is in NBU for MS-SQL manual. 

Thanks Marianne,

I'll check my databases for each instance.