cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tpautoconf -t output related to drive down alert varies every time

sanjaynaidu
Level 3

Could anyone explain my query please ..

We have one windows media server ..windows 2208 with netbackup 7.5 version, where drives are shared.

the thing is that we frequently get drive down alerts..

when i check the vmoprcmd -d/tpconfig -d  output  it will show all the 7 drives with couple of drives loaded with backups..

when ever i check the purticular drive which is getting down by its correct drive index no. it will show UP in the vmoprcmd -d / tpconfig -d outputs..

but i am unavailble to see that purticular drive in OS level that is tpautoconf -t or scan command.

But moreover if i check in the device monitor again i can see all the 7 drives of the media server...

Again after some time i am able to see all the 7 drives in tpautoconf -t command output.

1)Could you please explain why this this kind of scenario happening why there is variation in tpautoconf -t command out i was observing from quite some time..

2) why we are getting purticular drive down alert but once i see the vmoprcmd /tpconfig out it shows UP, but not visible in tpautoconf -t output.

3) what is difference when drives are shared in SSO or if they are not shared in SSO.

Can anyone in the forum explain it clearly ....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Forget config command, it will always show the drives unless you delete them, however the status is valid, but, May be a few moments behind the real state.

Tpautoconf command is just instant, either the drive respond our it doesn't, it's eeffectively is level. 

I suspect the drives are disappearing from the San, then reappearing. 

Sso just means a drive is seen by more than one media server. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Forget config command, it will always show the drives unless you delete them, however the status is valid, but, May be a few moments behind the real state.

Tpautoconf command is just instant, either the drive respond our it doesn't, it's eeffectively is level. 

I suspect the drives are disappearing from the San, then reappearing. 

Sso just means a drive is seen by more than one media server. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to find out which media server is reporting drive down. 

It is quite possible that one server will show a drive as up and use the drive, but another media server will show it as down because of a problem on the data path between the OS and the device.

So, use vmoprcmd (no options) and vmdareq on the master to find problematic media server and then check media server Event Viewer System log and NBU bptm log to find the reason for DOWN drive.