cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tpclean doesn't recognize cleaning tapes in robot

mwrandall
Level 2

I have 4 cleaning cartridges, 1/2". I have them showing up in the NetBackup GUI properly, but when I run tpclean, it doesn't notice them. We have a Quantum Scalar i80 robotic tape library, with 4 LTO-5 tape drives. The regular media and the drives are configured as HCART2, and the cleaning media are configured as HC2_CLN. Why doesn't this work?

# tpclean -C HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.000
No cleaning tape is defined in the device's robot or 0 cleanings remaining

I ran tpclean -M driveID on one of the drives, and it marks it as cleaned and reset the mount time, as expected, but I can't get the -C to actually run a cleaning.

# tpclean -L
Drive Name Type Mount Time Frequency Last Cleaned Comment
QUANTUM.DLT8000.000 dlt2 0.0 0 N/A
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.000 hcart2* 3001.6 1000 N/A
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.001 hcart2* 0.0 1000 16:08 08/18/2017
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.002 hcart2* 2044.9 1000 N/A
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.003 hcart2* 2032.1 1000 N/A

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Does cleaning tapes show the robot number, and what is the volume pool they are in ? they should be NONE volume pools.

and howmany cleaning remaining on each cleaning tape, do they have avaliable cleanings?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please show us output of vmquery for one of the cleaning tapes:
vmquery -m (media-id)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The cleaning tapes need valid cleaning label in order to work correctly with Netbackup.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It would be nice if @mwrandall could show us vmquery output for one of the cleaning tapes....

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

With the barcode as defined by the library vendor.  Usually CLNxxx but I have in the past seen a library that needed the cleaning tape barcode as CLU_xxx