cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable open Netbackup console

sudu_mlk
Level 5
Hi,

I have installed the Netbackup 6.5 server with the local account (system built -in account) and now i have changed all the service to run under on service account which we have created.

i have restarted all the netbackup services and tried to open the netbackup console, but it is not allowing to logon to the console.

any help from you will be appreciated.

thanks!!

SUDU
6 REPLIES 6

rjrumfelt
Level 6
The widnows console?  Java GUI?  I'm assuming Windows since you said service account.

sudu_mlk
Level 5
It is the Windows Console

Pablo_B
Level 3

I have issues logging into service accounts with the Java GUI from remote PCs where I work.  Instead of using the Java GUI on remote computers , we create a work aroud by using the Windows Admin Console that installs from the Windows Servers DVD and there will be an admin console option that is NOT java GUI.  Our Media Servers are UNIX. So you see that we need a little more info about where you are trying to logging in from. If you are launching  jnbSA from your media server, then you have BIG issues.  Are you still having login issues?

sudu_mlk
Level 5
Now am able open the Netbackup Console by changing the Netbackup Client service to run under Local account

The console is not opening when again i changed it to run under the service account. Not getting where am failing with it.

The service account which we have created that is under different domain, but this is not creating any issues where we are running the Backup Exec application in another site.

Any solution will be appreciated!!!!

Thanks

SUDU

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Does the service account have local admin rights on the backup server?

sudu_mlk
Level 5
Yes the service account have the local admin rights and i searched throughly and got the below link,

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/unable-load-netbackup-administration-console-master...

through this link i can able to login, but when i start to configure the devices after scanning it is showing the as failed and i unable to carry further steps to configure the devices.

please help me some resolution for the same

thanks!!

--SUDU