I have given the correct username and password geneated by Netapp team, getting attached authentication error, am able to telnet the server,
usr/openv/volmgr/bin (buadmin@backupserver)$ sudo ./tpautoconf -verify <nasfilername>
This NDMP hostname does not exist.
NDMP failed to verify host
Master and medias all need to be able to reach the NetApp.
You've not said alot about your config or versions.
1) What port(s) did you telnet, and from where to where?
2) How did you setup the NetApp? CLI or GUI?
3) Have you tried to "verify" the NetApp from the command line?
4) 7-mode or C-mode for the NetApp?
5) Versions, NetBackup and NetApp?
6) Have you ever successfully configured a NetApp device, or is this your first time?
sudo ./tpautoconf -verify <nasfilername>
This NDMP hostname does not exist. << Little clue there. Can you resolve the name, forward and reverse? you try with
NDMP failed to verify host << the IP instead?
Did the NetApp admin create a new user?
I have given the correct username and password geneated by Netapp team, ..........
For NetApp, the user MUST be root. Another user will not work.
Please go through the NetApp chapter in this doc:
Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP: NAS Appliance Information
■ The user name used with the tpconfig command (or in GUI) must be defined as root for each data mover.
If the NetApp team does not want to share the root password, they need to work with you so that one of them will type in the password when needed. The password is not stored anywhere in NBU in clear text.
Thanks for your prompt response, Netapp team created new user name and password with root permissions
Netapp team followed below steps for generating password
I was under the impression that the restriction is from NetApp, not NBU.
Looking at the NetApp documentation (https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1030449 ) I see that NetApp allows for different user with necessary credentials.
username : ndmp
password : ndmp123
2) Use valid hostname and IP in host file before adding in netbackup.
3) Make sure 10000 port is opened between media server and NDMP.
4) add the credentials with tpconfig command.
tpconfig -add -nh <ndmp filername> -userid -password