cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to create RMAN script in Windows

manatee
Level 6

first of all, someone should fix the "Operating System" selection when creating new posts. this is for Windows Server 2008 R2 server.

i'm following https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000028900 to try to create an RMAN script in Windows but i'm stuck in step 1. the Oracle instance is not showing although Oracle is installed and services are running. the link doesn't mention anything else on how to go about troubleshooting this.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think some of the problem is that the technote is for Netbackup 5.X and the Oracle policy have evolved since then.

I would look in the Oracle admin guide for 7.6.

Not sure if you are trying to use Oracle Intelligent Policy or create a old fashion RMAN script. If the later is case, there are example scripts in the guide.

You will of course have to confer with your Oracle DBA about the backup setup.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

Explore new feature about Intelligent policies, its really very simple, te admin guide have very clear instruction.

you dont have to worry about editing script anymore Oracle Intelligent policies does it for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think some of the problem is that the technote is for Netbackup 5.X and the Oracle policy have evolved since then.

I would look in the Oracle admin guide for 7.6.

Not sure if you are trying to use Oracle Intelligent Policy or create a old fashion RMAN script. If the later is case, there are example scripts in the guide.

You will of course have to confer with your Oracle DBA about the backup setup.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The TN that you found is meant for NetBackup (tm) 5.0.

NBU 7.6 introduced Intelligent Policies for Oracle.
See the feature briefing here: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000019537 

The NBU 7.6 agent manual can be downloaded here: NetBackup for Oracle Administrator's Guide 

PS: 
The issue about OS selection list has been brought to the Admin's attention in a number of posts in this forum:

VOX Feedback 

Explore new feature about Intelligent policies, its really very simple, te admin guide have very clear instruction.

you dont have to worry about editing script anymore Oracle Intelligent policies does it for you.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you come right with this one?

Scripts or OIP?