cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to create object for restore: Microsoft Information Store:\xxxxx\xxxx (BEDS 0xFFFFFE30: )

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

i want to share my experience in exchange restores...

we had a site which has got plenty exchange servers,where  information store 's are backed up regularly,
also we regularly do test restoration by creating an recovery storage group on an  alternate client.

every time it goes very well.. but few days back we got an situation where couple of stores in two different information stores in single exchange server were down.

as usual we got request from exchange team for restoration, but this time directly to the server, since they do not have time to move the recovered  store from the alternate client.

we started restoration but all our attempts were failed with an error ( ERR - unable to create object for restore: Microsoft Information Store:\xxxxxxxx\xxxxxx (BEDS 0xFFFFFE30: )), we were running out of time, i almost tried all possibilities.. since i can not do R& D at that time , i was forced to raise a critical call with symentac support.

then symentac support were into picture, verified everything and asked me to upgrade client from 5.1 to 5.1MP6 as my master server is in 5.1 MP6, after which   it was successfully restored.

all our backups are fine, but when it came to restoration, because of not applying patch we faced lot of trouble...

i never thought patches will have that much impact on restoration....

regards,
Srikanth.

0 REPLIES 0