cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to login,status : 7656

elge
Level 2

Hello everyone
I have a problem and I ask for your help on this context.
I run the netbackup console and on the connection attempt I have an error with code 7656: The revocation status of the host certificate can not be verified using the Certificate Revocation List (CRL), because the CRL is not update. It is older than seven days.
Typing the command nbcertcmd -getCRL, I have error 5978 with the message Attempt to refresh certificate revocation list failed.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anshu_Pathak
Level 5

@elge

Check if nbatd (NetBackup authentication) service is running, if it is stopped CRL will not get refreshed/updated. Start this service and try to get crl by using the command you stated.

If that doesnt help, then review "nbcert" logs (<Install_path>\netbackup\logs\nbcert  OR /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/nbcert).

As a last resort you will have to open support case with Veritas as troubleshooting for this issue is very extensive.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

If this is Windows Master Server - please check under which account the NetBackup Web Management Console service is running. Make sure the service account password is not expire and it has all the required admin privileges to run the service.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Anshu_Pathak
Level 5

@elge

Check if nbatd (NetBackup authentication) service is running, if it is stopped CRL will not get refreshed/updated. Start this service and try to get crl by using the command you stated.

If that doesnt help, then review "nbcert" logs (<Install_path>\netbackup\logs\nbcert  OR /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/nbcert).

As a last resort you will have to open support case with Veritas as troubleshooting for this issue is very extensive.

user is nbwebsvc, administrator stored locally

I came across this post but I could not solve my problem. I found the Netbackup Web Management Console service but not Netbackup Web Service

The service is well started