cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfreeze media script

r1
Level 5
does anyone have or know of a script that you can run to unfreeze media in NBU without having to run the the bpmedia command manually , i would think there is a script that you can create or someoen have that you can run beside the GUI and command line methods .
4 REPLIES 4

Jacob
Level 4
If you use linux/unix you can use this script (if you use unrestricted media sharing, might have to specific -h <mediaserver> if you don't):

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media | grep -i frozen | awk '{print $1}' | while read VOLUME
do
 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedia -m $VOLUME -unfreeze
done

Stumpr2
Level 6
You may be increasing your workload if you unfreeze all of your tapes. They were frozen for a reason and you should determine what that reason was before unfreezing the tape and placing it into scratch pool for reuse. A single bad  tape can monopolize a tape drive for an entire weekend and jeopardize your success in meeting your site's backup window.

DOCUMENTATION: How to troubleshoot frozen media on UNIX and Windows
http://support.veritas.com/docs/249632

r1
Level 5
stumpr or jacob ,

Do you have the complete code or the file , Script that i can run , i thought i've seen a file in the past where you get into it and you only change the media IDs of the frozen tapes then you excute it or run it .

Kevin_Good
Level 5
Certified
Under 6.5.x, you can unfreeze media directly in the admin gui, it runs much more quickly than a script.