cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v7.0.1 OpenVMS client hangs?

thesanman
Level 6

Having upgraded my Master and Media server to v7.0.1 I upgraded a few of my OpenVMS clients to v7.0.1 last week.

A number of these have hung part way through the overnight backup;  fulls; differentials; it makes no difference.

On the client; the BPCD process is still there.  I stop/id the process; the job goes into state 50 (client process aborted) and I can then restart the job which mostly runs to completion.

I've logged a call with Symantec and for most of the clients; have rolled back the NBU client upgrade for the moment.

Anyone else out there using the latest OpenVMS client in anger?

Thanks,

Malcolm

6 REPLIES 6

Ed_Wilts
Level 6

I had this issue too.  There's an ETrack on it and an update is available.  It fixed it for me.

On the FTP site:

ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/

Grab:  NB_VMS_7.0.1_358319.zip

Kill off your hanging BPCD processes on your VMS clients and when they restart, they'll run successfully.

thesanman
Level 6

Not so sure; the kit I had had images in it with the same build date/time as the update you sugested.

I've updated my clients with the kit from the ftp site just in case and wil see what happens.

Ed_Wilts
Level 6

The patch I applied was ET2161862 on the FTP site with the name  NB_VMS_7.0.1_ET2161862.zip

Sorry I pointed you to the wrong etrack the first time!

.../Ed

thesanman
Level 6

Ed,

Sorry, which FTP site?  I used ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/ but the Etrack you mentioned doesn't appear to be there.

Thanks,

Malcolm

thesanman
Level 6

Updated my Symantec call with the ET info and got a quick response providing me with the kit.

Will test over the next 24 - 48 hours to see if the issue is resolved.

Ed_Wilts
Level 6

The FTP site for the VMS kits is actually different than the standard location.  It's documented in the PDF I think.  I'm guessing that it's because the primary developer is across the pond.

ftp://ftp.emea.support.veritas.com/pub/support/Products/NetBackup_OpenVMS/