Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vCloud Director Backup Policy

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

I have an issue similar to this here: 

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217214.html

'VM retrieval failed, server = <vcloud.customer.address>., nbu status = 1, severity = 1(1)'

I cannot however check the ncfnbcs because it is not showing any info logs. 

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hio,

Increase the logging for ncfnbcs to 6 and then check the logs.

For Windows media server:

<install path>\NetBackup\bin\vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 366 -s DebugLevel=6 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

For Unix media server:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 366 -s DebugLevel=6 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

Reproduce the issue then review the log

vxlogview -a -o 366 -t 01:00

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

That's great thanks. My major problem at the moment is running the Test Query which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there a way to speed up the Tets Query or to view what it is doing? 

I have seen where slow DNS can cause this and I have disabled it by setting 'disableIPresolution'

At the moment I just can't troubleshoot and view logs because I can run a Test Query. 

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

It finally finished and here is the log... 

It is not telloing me much but maybe missing somehting. 

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

For a different policy I am getting this error now. Error parsing discovered XML data

vxlogview -a -o 366 -t 01:00
 Socket I/O error to error 134

Finding it very difficult to troubleshoot as it is taking over 30 mins to complete test query.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Honestly I don't have experience with the vcloud part of this, so can't give any further tips. Those socket errors do look concerning though. My try open a support case.

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

It would appear that this is a network related problem but the logs don't really identify clearly what that might be exactly. 

However I am wondering if it is due to the master server having it's primary interface on a non-routed VLAN.

It is able to connect and ping the vCloud server. However this is when the OS automatically uses the seconday interface. 

So I wonder if the primary interface on the master server is not able to communicate with the vCloud server is this an issue. I don't see how the communication is supposed to work in the NetBackup VMware Admin guide.