cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault license

Gaurav21
Level 4

Hi,

How does the vault license work ? what does the count signify, I have count as 1 for the vault license.

Thanks

Gorav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

NetBackup vault will be licensed per NetBackup Storage Domain and includes four NetBackup Vault physical tape drive licenses. If more than four physical tape drives are used in the libraries, a NetBackup Vault Additional Drive license would be required for each drive.

A NetBackup Vault Unlimited Drive license provides support for unrestricted number of drives per NetBackup Storage Domain. 

Regards...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

NetBackup vault will be licensed per NetBackup Storage Domain and includes four NetBackup Vault physical tape drive licenses. If more than four physical tape drives are used in the libraries, a NetBackup Vault Additional Drive license would be required for each drive.

A NetBackup Vault Unlimited Drive license provides support for unrestricted number of drives per NetBackup Storage Domain. 

Regards...

Gaurav21
Level 4

Thanks Kiran,

so what does count 1 would mean, it would mean the default license with 4 physical drives.

and I would need an unlimited drive license if I have much higher number of drives.

Regards

Gaurav

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Yes, thats correct. The BASE gives you vault and 4 drives. You also get additional VAULT DRIVE licenses that you can buy in quantities of 1. The unlimited means, you can have as many drives as you can buy :p