cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault to more than 1 tape drive

Rasina
Level 3

I have just recently installed a new Netbackup 6.5.2A Master/Media server for our company. On our old Netbackup solution everything went to tape but with our new server everything is written to a DataDomain appliance and a replication process on the DD device replicates our data to a DR site(retention of 90 days).  We do however have a requirement to backup once per month and to keep this data for 7 years.  Right now I am having Netbackup write this data to disk with 7 year schedules(90 day retention) and I am having vault running to capture these 7 year schedules and vaulting them to tape(7 year retention).  Right now I have 4 vault profiles (Database, SOX, Unix and Windows) and 4 policies set for these.  When these policies launched today only 1 of my four drives is getting used and the other 3 policies are waiting for resources.  Is there anyway to configure these vault jobs to use all four of my LTO4 drives?

Thanks,

Derek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nbguru
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

Only one vault policy is allowed to run per media server at a time.

Regards,

Anish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nbguru
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

Only one vault policy is allowed to run per media server at a time.

Regards,

Anish

Rasina
Level 3
Not the answer I was hoping for but I guess it will have to do.  Thank you Anish!