cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veeam cloud connect

Mohammad_Ravagh
Level 2

hi everyone,

deos netbackup have any cloud storage solution for itself ?

i want to define a cloud storage and  duplicate backed up data to our own private  cloud storage. something like Nextcloud. or any

inside veeam you can install cloud connect in a remote internet connected server (without need of VPN) and define it as storage inside veaam backup and replication. this Veeam veature is also very good for serpvice providers.

but Netbackup solutions for Veaam all required VPN as i remeber

can you guide me please ?

4 REPLIES 4

Mohammad_Ravagh
Level 2

isn't there any solution compared to veeam cloud connect ? i need to know about it !?

DPeaco
   VIP   

Netbackup has Open Storage methods for sending backups to other storage types. This is handled through the NetBackup S3 connection protocol method. Netbackup also has appliances for cloud type storage (Access) and you can read about it here:
https://www.veritas.com/protection/access-appliance

Thanks,
Dennis

Mohammad_Ravagh
Level 2

thanks for taking time to guide me DPeaco, there are some questions around the solution you provided.

1- does open storage integrate with onlu online public cloud storage providers? or can i deploy my own cloud storage based on some standards ?

2- is Netbackup S3 connection protocol method reachable for development or integration with some in house apps or not ?

3- how access appliances fits o our requirements to overcome such needs. we need to be able to send duplicate of our backed up data to a remote private cloud storage where we cannot have VPN between sites. but still internet connectivity is available.(provider limitations won't let us make it tunneled or VPN based).

4- how is licensing model for Access Appliance! does it inherit from Netbackup Master/Media itself or is this a separate solution ?

5- is Access Appliance deployable over Virtual environments like KVM/VMware/Hyperve !?

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I recommend you to contact a local Veritas presale for consultancy. I think these topics is beyond the purpose of VOX forum.

Eegards

Michal